Tuesday 17 August 2010

Summer Project development

I had an idea that once cropped, if the images were to be reflected and rotated, I could discover some truly unique forms to work with.



Once I had drawn these new shapes, some of them reminded me of snowflakes or flowers. I made the shapes out of acetate, and through the use of bright ink, they gained an effect similar to a kaleidoscope. As I had the project brief of 'a wearable gallery' at the back of my mind throughout doing this work, I imagined something like this to be worn as decoration, such as on a piece of jewellery perhaps or some embellishment on clothing. So I started by braiding pieces of wool and thread together to create rope to hang the shapes from in order to be worn as jewellery.

P.S. I could do with Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment