Tuesday 10 August 2010

Summer Project Ideas

As a starting point for the summer project, I went out and took photographs of my hometown surroundings. I mainly concentrated on looking out for interesting and unusual shapes which had been formed within nature. Textures, such as old tree bark, and flowers in bloom particularly caught my eye.

I compared these photographs to images I had of Manchester. As I wasn't going abroad for a holiday this year, I thought an interesting exploration for this project would be how only a short train journey can separate two very different environments. I wanted to investigate the difference between the irregular natural shapes seen within the Derbyshire countryside and the rigid man-made structures of the city.







I cropped some images in search of the most interesting shapes I could see within the scenes I captured.










No comments:

Post a Comment